Central Wisconsin Insurance Associates offices are joining the fight to reduce the chances of getting COVID–19. This means our offices will have our doors locked to reduce traffic within our office settings effective 3/19/2020.
WE ARE STILL OPEN….We will still be here for you.
We have placed a lockbox located in our lobby for papers or payment to be place in. We will also be available by phone during our normal office hours. For those needing a quotes, changes or questions, we can fax or email papers to you to sign and return in the same way. We can take your payment by phone as well.
You have likely seen the news that the Wisconsin Supreme Court has ruled against the extension of the state shutdown order by the state Health Department. This means that businesses in much of the state may reopen. However, some cities and counties have local health orders in place, similar to the Safer at Home order that was overturned. Those local orders remain in effect. Many are set to end in a week or two but could be extended into June or even longer. More will be issued in the coming days.
At the moment, local shutdown orders exist in Dane Co., Rock Co., Brown Co., City of Appleton, City of Milwaukee, City of Racine, and some Milwaukee suburbs. Many counties are announcing that they do not intend to issue an order at all. Still, they expect citizens to continue to follow safety measures such as social distancing, hand washing and wearing masks in stores.
Watch for local government actions in your area, as you decide whether to reopen your business to public traffic. Advise your clients to pay close attention to local government orders, as well.
For businesses that are able to reopen, it is important to have policies in place that spell out COVID-19 safety procedures for staff and customers. These policies should be written down and distributed to staff, and signs made to instruct customers where appropriate.
Brief Summary of Federal Guidelines for Employers:
- Develop and implement appropriate policies, in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations and guidance, and informed by industry best practices, regarding:
– Social distancing and protective equipment
– Temperature checks
– Use and disinfection of common and high-traffic areas
– Business travel
- Monitor the workforce for indicative symptoms. Do not allow symptomatic people to return to work until cleared by medical provider physically.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for workforce contact tracing following employee COVID+ test.
Additional Resource Links:
- What NOT to Do When You Reopen Your Business
- CDC Guidance for Businesses & Employees
- CDC Guidance for Sanitizing Public Areas
- What to do if Your Employee is Sick or Tests Positive, from Axley Attorneys
- Milwaukee, Madison, other localities have local shutdown orders in effect
- U.S. Chamber Small Business Reopening Guide
*This information is provided for your convenience but cannot not be construed as legal advice.
Our licensed staff at CWIA are well educated in the specialized field they service.
The personal lines staff will assist you with everything from your automobile and homeowners insurance to the motorcycle, snowmobiles and SR-22 filings. Our commercial lines staff will service you with your business that requires your multiple insurance coverage needs! Regardless of size from the small business to the big corporations we are equipped to not only give you great service, but to give you the customized insurance your business may require! We are well known in the state of Wisconsin regarding the specialized needs required for your farm and crop insurance! Life and Health? We have it all!
We service the state of Wisconsin from the great Northwoods to the Metro cities. We will come to you! We also service beautiful Southeastern Minnesota! We are only a phone call away!